Search

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011 - Minecraft Soon To Come

Over a few months, notch has said to expect a few things. This is my opinions on them.

1. Official mod support

This is good, by the time this is release, I should be able to finish my mod. This thing should make installing mods easier.

2. New features in the terrain generator

Ehh, I don't know, it's just a few new things. If they generate larger dungeons, volcanoes, taller mountains, I'd be happy enough.

3. More achievements

Depends on what they are... Achievement Get!

4. More underwater content

Notch said no sharks because it'd be hard for the player to deal with. If he adds like more fish types, coral reefs, underwater cities, scuba gear, I'd be pumped. He should also make the fish mob so that there's a higher chance that you'll get fish.

5. A new sky dimension

Awesome! You would need to make bridges and make sure that you don't dig too deep or you'll fall through the island.

6. More playable Records for the Jukebox

Wait, what? YES! That would be awesome! That way, I won't have to make my own music which takes ages.

7. Minecraft Pocket Edition

I really don't care... It's just portable Minecraft. Also, from the preview, it's just the creative one for Xperia Play.

8. Xbox Edition

Uh.... That depends on how good it is and if you can play if you already have an account. It's gonna be like Minecraft... the FPS! Haha...

9. Adventure Mode

On Notch's twitter, he said that he's going to add a brightness slider he also said, "real miners play in the darkest setting" so I am not a real miner... but then again, the glare is horrible... He's going to add NPC villages, randomly generated dungeons, critical hits, and sprinting... At least those are the things that I think revolve around the Adventure update.

A few other things he's going to add is more farming options so we aren't just going to farm wheat and sugarcane...

Also, he says fully working Creative Mode. I really don't care about creative mode in single-player but he says that admins can enter Creative mode on a SMP server.

EDIT: Ignore the part in the number 2 about the dungeons...

No comments:

Post a Comment